It's About Jesus
Some Facts About Jesus
- He existed before the world was created.
- The world was created through him and for him.
- He physically came into the world about 2000 years ago, to rescue people lost in sin.
- He came to his own, and his own did not receive him.
- He gave his life as a ransom for many, allowing himself to be crucified by humans he created.
- He rose from the grave three days later, and spent time teaching and eating with many people over a 40 day period.
- He sent his apostles out to spread the good news about him.
- God has made him Lord and Christ, King of an eternal Kingdom. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him.
- He has returned to heaven to prepare a place for those who love him.
- There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among people, by which we must be saved.
- He will appear a second time to finish this world and judge each of us according to what we have done,
and to rescue those who are eagerly waiting for him.
'In him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation, because by him all things were created — the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things have been created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things he may have the first place, because in him all the fullness was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile all things to himself, whether the things on the earth or the things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross, through him.' Colossians 1:14-20
If you see something special about us, it’s because of the One we’re following: Jesus Christ. "No one else in history comes close to his greatness. His life and teaching have changed the world, one life at a time. It’s true he was an extraordinary man, but that’s badly understating it. He showed by his words and deeds that he is the Messiah, the Son of God, absolutely unique in the history of the world and indeed beyond."